School Leadership Team (SLT)
What is a School Leadership Team?
The School Leadership Team (SLT) is a group of people who develop educational policies for their school. They also make sure there are resources to support those policies.
- Provide ongoing evaluations of a school’s educational programs and their impact on student achievement.
- Play an important role in school-based decision-making
- Help to make school cultures more collaborative.
Who are the SLT members?
There are three members of the school community who must be members of the SLT:
- Parent Association/Parent-Teacher Association President
- United Federation of Teachers Chapter Leader
The other members are elected parents and staff members. The SLT must have an equal number of parents and staff.