OTHER EVENTS, HAPPENINGS AND RESOURCES
WEAR ON PINK FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22nd
HALLOWEEN PARADE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29th
3K to 5th Grade
WEAR BLACK & ORANGE DAY
6th through 8th Grade
- Where: Call 212-777-3380
- Who: Students in kindergarten through 12th grade
- Hours: Monday through Thursday, 4 to 7 p.m. when school is in session
- What: Homework help line for students, run by classroom teachers
- Languages spoken: Armenian, Bengali, Chinese, English, French,
- Haitian-Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Tagalog
- Subjects available: English, math, science and social studies
Click the link above to see our welcome back video
CHANCELLOR'S REGULATIONS A-750, A-831, A-832
WE ARE A UNIFORM SCHOOL
- TOPS: Long or short sleeve three-button polo shirts or solid tee shirt in navy, white, light blue or black. No logos.
- BOTTOMS: Slacks, leggings, sweats, skirts, skorts or walking shorts (to the knee) in solid navy, khaki or black SHOES: Safe, sturdy footwear; NO sandals, flip flops, slides or open toe shoes.
- During Hybrid Learning students are permitted to wear their gym uniform on the days they are in school.
ALL STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ON TIME AND IN UNIFORM EVERYDAY
**PLEASE NOTE: ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING SCHOOL SPIRIT ATTIRE SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO OUR PTA - PTA146@yahoo.com
Grab and Go FREE breakfast is available to students in grades 3K through 8 as they enter the building at 8:30 am.
Hot lunch is now available for FREE for the remainder of the 20-21 school year. Students always have the option of brining their own lunch to school.
- COMPLETED LUNCH FORMS = SCHOOL FUNDING. PLEASE COMPLETE YOURS TODAY!
- Please click the following link to complete your form online
- QUESTIONS??? CALL SCHOOL FOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE: (877)363-6325
TECH TIPS now have a place on the Remote Learning Tab.
You can refer back to previous tips by accessing the tab.
ALL SCHOOL VISITORS MUST SIGN IN AT SECURITY AND SHOW PROPER IDENTIFICATION.
All visitors must wear a face covering when on school property which includes the schoolyard and all sidewalks around the school building.
Social distancing guideline must be followed by all visitors.
THE NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SCHOOL WIDE DISCIPLINE CODE
REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS
3K, PRE-K & Kgtn.: Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 2:20 P.M.
Enter and Exit through class doors in the small playground on 99th Street
ALL OTHER STUDENTS: 8:00 A.M. - 2:20 P.M.
GRADES 1 & 2: Enter and exit through exit 10 on side school yard (gate closest to 158th ave. on 99th St.)
GRADES 3 & 4: Enter and exit through exit 8 on 99th St. ( to the left of the small playground)
GRADE 5: Enter through exit 7 in the large schoolyard by the playground. Dismissal from exit 2 on 159th Street
GRADE 6: Enter through exit 7 in the large schoolyard by the playground. Dismissal from exit 3 on 159th Street
GRADES: 7 & 8 Enter and exit through the main door on 99th Street
If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Lori Messina (LMessina5@schools.nyc.gov) to request assistance.
PTA EMAIL: PTA146@YAHOO.COM
Welcome Back!! Please see the attached Welcome Letter.
Here is the link for this years Parent Handbook for your review.
The child being registered must be present
Parent/Guardian of the child
(2) Two proofs of address
(Utility Bill, Mortgage Statement, Any NYC or NYS issued document)
Child's birth certificate/passport
Child's immunization records
Parents and legal guardians can now view their child's confidential NYC FITNESSGRAM results online on their NYC SCHOOLS ACCOUNT. We encourage you to create an account if you do not already have one. See the NYC Schools Account FAQ for details on how parents can sign up for an account. If you are unable to access the NYC Schools Account, ask your child's Physical Education teacher to print out a report for you. Reports for this school year will be available by mid-May. The information in these reports is private and will not be displayed or made public; the results are not part of your child's academic record.
ATTENTION PARENTS & GUARDIANS
PS/MS 146 IS AN ALLERGY AWARE SCHOOL.
Please keep this in mind when preparing your children's lunches, snacks and birthday celebrations.
Due to COVID-19 there will be no sharing of snacks and no in school birthday celebrations.
Many children are highly allergic to nuts.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
GRADES K - 3
CHECK OUT THIS NEW FUN MATH APP
(LINK ADDED TO OUR RESOURCE LIST)
FREE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
FREE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS AT PS/MS 146Q 20-21
New York Edge Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation (SASF)
Catering to students in Grades K - 5
Contact: Barbara Luciano, Assistant Director
via email: ps146q@Newyorkedge.org
Monday - Friday 2:00PM - 4:30PM